The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Friday, October 14, 2016

First Run RCGF 26cc in Phoenix Waco F5C

Wowser.  Joe Netter, from whom I purchase this engine used, had her perfectly tuned. Plug and play!

I ran her for the first time today.




I had a small problem with the AGM Hobby Switch I purchased on eBay, new. The Number II switch to the ignition would not reliably turn on, and when on and the vibration from the engine started, it flicked off. I had to remove it from the engine circuit to get the ignition to turn on and stay on. I used only the remote cut from the transmitter (the RCEXEL Opto Cut) to turn the ignition on and off. I realize I can just use this setup, but will see if I can get a replacement from the eBay seller, chinoeuk2010.  UPDATE: Seller offered to replace it, but I had already fixed it by replacing the bad switch with one from another single switch set that I didn't need. Fixed.



Nice run up. I did find that damn right wing bolt bouncing around inside, it having come right out. Now that the switch is out I can get that baby in proper.  

Expecting the Spektrum AS3X Stabilizing system to arrive today from AMainhobbies, and will install that, then the wing.

No comments :

Post a Comment