The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Twinstar back to flight status

There was that day last week where I took up knitting. Part of the excitement was dropping the very fragile (now we know...) Twinstar, having the nose cone shatter and the wing crack in half, breaking the spar and the small thing that stuck out of the front securing it to the fuselage.

I put the wing back together, made a new notch thing, and after a couple of days I laid down two layers of fiberglass cloth using epoxy resin. Let that dry a few days and then today I sanded it smooth, covered it with white cote. Smooth as a baby's bottom.


Nice glass work! The middle 4 inches is fiberglass.



The nose cone arrived just as I finished the wing and reinstalled it onto the plane.

She is ready to fly again!

No comments :

Post a Comment