The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Cornell Cowl is FAB!

I described earlier how I lost control of the Cornell practicing spins, and crunched the front end. The motor/battery box turned into wood chips, literally, and the cowl was a shattered eggshell of its former self. today I completed the refurbishing of the cowl, installed it and now the Cornell is flight ready!


The eggshell...




CA and epoxied the unstable parts and breaks.



Bondo on...



Bondo off...



Sanded clean, ready for primer!



Primer gray.



First coat of dark blue, being warmed to fast dry in front of the fireplace.



Black top painted in, and a coat of clear acrylic enamel! I like shiny!




Installed, all done! She looks great again!

No comments :

Post a Comment