The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Flight Status 1.25.11

EXI 450:  UP. Completed repairs to the rotor head, replaced the main gear and the servos (with EXI D213F). Reset up the CCPM and re-centered the tail rod; was very anal about the alignment. She is set up to fly, hopefully tomorrow.  Had issues setting up the pitch/swash. Could not get consistent pitch, and the neg did not match the positive (full down and full up throttle). I had this problem before, but had forgotten how I had dealt with. I put a bubble on the flybar so it was level and voila, matched perfect -10 -0- +10. Looking forward to flying, but nervous since it took so much time and effort to redo. Sim time!

ERazor 450: DOWN. I have all the parts, tomorrow will look at putting the main rotor back together and setting up the CCPM on it. May wait a day or so, kinda burnt out on CCPM setup after working on the EXI.

Frankenheli 450: BUILD IN PROGRESS. Had to order some parts I found I did not have in the repair locker, like paddles, tail stabilizer stays and fins, and some replacement grips (after the frozen bearings could not be removed... in the salvage grips that came with the rotor head). I have many of the parts, enough I can start working on it again. Maybe later this week?

Pics of Frankenheli in progress.

Frame is good, replaced some missing bolts and a frame support. The tail boom is new, and there were no issues when I rebuilt the tail assembly and re-greased the bearings.

The original rotor head was badly bent, feathering shaft, main shaft and flybar. The Grips were not salvageable as the main bearings could not be removed, but the thrust bearings are fine. Have the parts, will fix.

CopterX250: Down.  Ditto the ERazor ... Have parts for the rebuild of the rotor head (feathering shaft), just need to do it. Can put that back together and re-setup the CCPM on that pretty quick.

CB180D: UP, no issues.

UFLYS: UP.  In theory. Still very unstable. Might be fun to spend a day just sorting it out...

CB100#1: UP, no issues.

CB100#2: UP, no issues.

Posted on a gyro question on HeliFreak, not sure I understand some things about these "gyros" that I thought I understood pretty well... Interesting read:  http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=273989

No comments :

Post a Comment