The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Monday, October 14, 2019

Flying with the big boy...


Took the Sbach and its unreliable Evo 10cc, and the very reliable though sometimes hard to dry start RCGF-USA 30cc MX-Bach. I took the MX-Bach up after several minutes hand flipping her. She ran very reliably, and I took her up for a few minutes. She flew wonderfully, but I really don't like to fly in front of a crowd, especially the incredibly skilled Cody. He would never make me feel uncomfortable, it's all me, in my head. But I mean, Cody Wojcik... come on! So I landed and set her aside for a bit. I then took up the Sbach with its Evolution 10cc, which started and ran fine right away, but after a few minutes of flight and light aerobatics, quit. Dead sticked to an acceptable landing, tore off a wheel pant, but otherwise she is fine. It took some time, but I got her started, but in idle she would slow to a stop. Cody wanted to help but I really didn't want to take his time as much as I wanted to let him fix her. He came to fly with a couple of visiting quad pilots, I think to video. I took the cowl off and tried to lean her out, as there is is oil all over the wing, suggesting its rich as I have always thought, in fact, the low was 4-5 turns out! But she wouldn't turn over with anything less. I managed to make her not want to start at all. I decided to set her aside, and watch Cody fly his Extreme Flight DA 120.






I caught a few moments of Cody's flight. I wanted to watch more than video, so I only caught a few unremarkable moments. Watch his fingers. He makes this huge plane float, every movement is what he wants, not what he accepts. I have no desire to 3D, but would love to someday have that confidence. Oh, and the engine started with one flip. I had not intended to stay long, and was a bit pissed about the dependability of the Evo, so packed up and left them to their fun! I did get to watch one of the FPV Quad pilots tear through the air as I packed. WOW! I have seen videos, but this thing screamed. Fun to watch!

Looks like I have some work to do on the Evo.

No comments :

Post a Comment