The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Sunday, October 20, 2019

Another get nowhere day...


In the continuing saga of the Evolution 10cc,  it wouldn't idle. So I spent a couple of hours trying all kinds of settings with the end point and the low neelde, rsetting to factory, trying something else. She runs wondefully, accelerates fine so the best settings can be found, but she won't idle low enough to produce low to no thrust. She has this habit of slowing to a high idle, then slowing, then quitting. I have tried leaning her, running her richer, at idle, and I just couldn't find an acceptable idle. I decided to go back to the 2 blade prop, and she really seems to run better. But Ibhad enough and called it a day. Day after tomorrow I will start again. All that oil mess, she runs way too rich.



I worked on the EXI 450 FBL heli a bit. I spun her up and decided to change the main shaft. There was a bad bearing I replaced, and with a new shaft the main is totally smooth. I disassembled and cleaned the tail in preparation to replace the tail shaft, the new one should be here in a few days. I am confident this will stop the vibrations, but I am not confident she will fly well despite that. I also zeroed the swash arms using the FBL software, which I knew would balance the -10 to +10 degrees. She now has full swash movement. I am not fond of the XYZ system, its not hard to program, but the interface isn't consistently responsive, so making changes can be iffy. I think the programming is good. We'll see. Once the tail is put back together we'll know. If so I may put the other 450 together. 

No comments :

Post a Comment