The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Evolution 10cc DISCONTINUED





Working on the Evo 10cc, snugged up the exhaust extensions which were leaking a bit, and wanted to snug up the carb screws. I snapped off the fuel nipple trying to tighten it. That's when I learned Horzion Hobby has discontinued the engine and that the nipples are NIS. Crap. Found some at GravesRC, got two, for about $6, but shipping cost $8. Damn. I could not get the retaining bolt off the engine case to remove the carb, it stripped its cap. So I had to grind a line for a slot screwdrived and got that off. Turns out the screw is an odd size M2.5 16mm. So I had to order some from RTL Fastners. Jeez.

I did see that the guide screw for the barrel throttle wasn't quite right so the throttle did not close. I greased it and adjusted it, now it has full smooth range of motion. Broke out the manual and set the screws back to stock settings, High is 2.5 turns, Low is a whoppjng 4.25 turns. Once I get the fuel nipple and the 2.5mm clamp screw in, I can put it back, redo the fuel lines (there is a leak somewhere, maybe it was the carb).

So HH has discontinued the 10cc. Huh...

UPDATE 10/16/19: One of the reasons I really love Horizon Hobby is their incredbile customer service. Yesterday I left a note asking about HH having d/c'd the 10cc Evo and my being at a loss for a fuel nipple. Dave Poole the Service Manager has one laying around and will have it sent to me gratis. I love these guys!

No comments :

Post a Comment