The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Monday, July 2, 2018

Now it won't run at all...


Took this poorly running 10cc RCGF motor off the Stik, took it completely apart and cleaned it, rebuilt it. And now she won't run at all. Good spark, fuel gettting to the intake, fuel all over the carburator. Just.Won't.Run. Not even a burp. I guess it's getting time to send her to the gang at RCGF USA and see what they can do.

UPDATE:  I realized the engine has almost no resistence, no compression. The gaskets are tight, the plug well seated. I suspect its the piston ring. Ordered a new one from Hobby King (RCGF USA has such steep shipping charges wanting $10 to send a $6 ring. I got it from HK for about $4 with about $3  International Airmail shipping).Will take a week or so to get here by airmail.

No comments :

Post a Comment