The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Monday, July 16, 2018

A series of unfortunate events.

I am not sure WTF...

So the other day the Waco wouldn't start and I figured out it was either the hard switch or the RCExcel Opto Switch. Today I verified that it was the Opto. I installed the new Opto (not wanting to force the Ignition  LED out of the socket I soldered in a plug on the LED and the new Opto after cutting the LED off the new Opto). I installed everything and now the reciever won't turn on. I figured out that my Ignition pack is bad, removed them both (they are attached) and find that actually BOTH of my packs are bad, Reciever and Ignition. That just seems really unlikely. One registers zero Volts, the other 1 Volt and some change. This is a pair of Turnigy 6V NiMH packs. WTF is going on?

So tomorrow I will visit ABC Hobbies and see if I can pick up a new set of packs.

Annoyed.


UPDATE: Put the packs on a charger and the Reciever pack is fine, the Ignition pack is toast. Curiouser and curiouser. 


No comments :

Post a Comment