The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Trex 500 4 Blade Head Installed

While I am awaiting the power take-off front gear set for the Trex 500 tail, I noticed that the main shaft was a degree out of vertical: bent. Since I needed to replace the main shaft, I decided now was as good a time as any to put the Align 4 blade head on, that I have been holding on to for the past 3 years.  BTW, it was a stripping/stripped front power take-off gear that was causing slow head speeds on the tail allowing it to wander, destabilizing the whole thing. I hope. I really don't want to cough up money for fast digital servos.





Blade grip bearing build.



Installed in the head, top off.



Swash washout on.



Top on. Sucker is held on by 12 screws.



Measuring the control rods to within 0.01 mm, and yet they will still be off.



Swash on, links on, phased by design.


All up.



And installed. When I get the power take-off gear in for the tail I will tune the head tracking mechanically and then reset the BeastX.  I have metal horns for the servos, but just never got around to installing them.


No comments :

Post a Comment