The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

MX2 Nose Cone done!

The Gorilla glue finished curing this morning, so I drilled carefully closer to the shoulder (see my previous post).


You can see the 10mm mark on the screw now shows another 10 mm of screw!



It closed the gap and the nose cone is secured to the motor shaft. I ran it and there is ever so slight an imbalance in the prop which I haven't balanced yet. Like the rest of this cool plank, its ginormous.



And there she is! Glad to have a heavy foamie in my hangar!  Still need to balance the prop and figure out the tail heavy CG issue.

2 comments :

  1. After removing the cowl, I put three ounces of weight onto the firewall. Haven't tried flying it yet, and don't know exactly where the CG should be ... I'll know soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can see the so many thing with a nose to change the shape of it. When need and feel the nose is not a flexible on the face the we can go for the nose job treatment which is so much popular and reliable.

    nose job

    ReplyDelete