The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

BlitzRCWorks MX2 Unboxed

My BlitzRCWorks MX2 arrived yesterday and I unboxed it with much excitement. But I was surprised at some of the poor quality of the design decals, which were awkwardly applied in some places, designed poorly in others, and done nicely in others. Its a ginormous foamie, and it does look very nice! Got it on sale for $150 (regularly $350 they told me) from bananahobby.com. This was my first purchase from them.



The box (added this pic 4.22.11 on its way to recycle).



One wheel pant wasn't glued, the other had a lot of glue spillover (the white dots).



You can see the line where the plastic cowl joins the fuselage. Just with handling this chipped and flaked along the lines. You can see a large folded crease near the front, the black line. These were present on both sides.



The other side. You can see a wavy wrinkle across the front of the cowl too. I wanted to inspect the ESC and the motor, but I could not get the cowl to come off. I feared breaking it if I persisted, and the already chipping decal was coming apart. When something goes wrong it will need to come off... not sure how that is going to go.



My kit was an ARF. They made  my order by taking an RTF kit and pulling the receiver and the transmitter. I know this because the box says RTF and I bought it ARF. In repacking they chipped 2mm off the faux exhaust pipe.



Apparently a simple cross over of flaps was the choice solution for the decals across the top of the fuse at the vertical stabilizer.



It is clear the decals were designed to cross the hinge lines, but weren't always cleanly cut.



The tops of the wings looked awesome. The undersides saw the across-the-hinge-decal problem in several spots.



Micro pictures made up the otherwise generally complete instruction manual. They managed to get it all on one page, but I couldn't make out any details.



The canopy covers the electronics and battery bay.

Next up, the build!

No comments :

Post a Comment