The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Sunday, October 11, 2020

Lit the fires on the Ultra Stick

No pics today, but I got the Ultra Stick out to the back on the test table and ran her up. Started right away, needed a little tuning. Produce 5.2 lbs of thrust with the 13x8x3. Then the uncollapsable table leg collapsed in front and she dropped on the prop still attached to the fallen front of the table. I was a bit pissed so didn't take any pics. 

The engine ran ok, but was really slow to run up, and thenreally slow to come back down. I leaned it out I  the low end and she is running pretty well. I was pretty much finished when the end of the table collapsed,.

The elevator servo went rogue. I suspect this is the bad one that killed the Ugly Stick? The tests could not find it, but it went really jittery and then locked up, already ordered a replacement.

I think once ai replace the servo she is ready to maiden!

No comments :

Post a Comment