The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Monday, October 26, 2020

Finally, a flying day!

Dark, heavy, but high clouds threatened rain, but the drought made this unlikely, a coy deception. Pretty much windless, and a comfortable mid 60s temps, I had been itching, and Saturday afternoon was time to scratch!


Bill Renault brought out a couple of fun old school classics. This nitro 2-stroke of course flew marvelously, that sweet nitro smell and soft purr powered her through the skies effortlessly!


He also had the Sig 4 Star 120 with its awe worthy 4-stroke. 



Bill flies 72 mHz. He clearly enjoys flying and talking about flying! He was wonderful company at Wagner. Clarence, who I swear lives in the filed shed, was there since morning, and hung around to chat. Always nice to see him. 



Anthony was there too, flying the little mosquito of a 370. This is an old pic as I don't think he stopped flying the whole time he was there. I suspect he flew the bigger one too, getting in 14 flights! Perfect temps and winds for these guys! He reminded me I need to be bringing my helis out!



I got in about 5 flights, most about 10 min as the engine is still running rich in flight, or theirs an airleak in the carb path. Starts fine, runs with power but in the air she starts popping and running "wet".  She is always an amazing flier! I plan tomrebuild the carb, not sure if I have done that before. She used to be an amazing engine, an RCGF 26cc. At some point this year this rich running airborne became a problem.



Brought the Hangar 9 Ultra Stick out to maiden. Engine ran just fine, but the Twitch Curse showed up, so I grounded her on the runway. Just drove her around a bit. Man, I really wanted to fly her...



No comments :

Post a Comment