The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Saturday, August 11, 2018

New Field Box! Hyper Tough 2 Drawer

I needed a better, sturdier field box.  It needs to carry my starter,  tools , and batteries.  I wanted something metal to protect everything from the LiPOs in the case of fir4e,  and I don't want to spend a lot of coin.  I found the perfect one.

Hyper Tough Two Drawer Tool Box at Wally-World


Sticker came of easily.





One of the measurements I could not find was how much room was in the top space. I found a reference to it being "2-1/2" deep, but did mean including the lid? I suspected it did not. The starter on its side is 3" wide.... there os plenty of room! Its about 5" or so deep, I think.

UPDATE: The draweres are 2" deep. My 5S 4500 MaH batteries just fit. The top is 2-1/2" deep with the lid giving another 2" for a total of 4-1/2 of space. 





New Photos!



5S 4500 mAh in the top drawer, 3S 2200 mAh in the bottom.



For scale.



No comments :

Post a Comment