The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Saturday, August 4, 2018

2 Years... and New Ideas for Spitfire 2

I got 2 years and hundreds of flights out of the Turnigy 6V NiMH Reciever and Ignition packs. The ignition pack failed, but I am replacing both.


This put my troubleshooting of the Stik's 10cc RCGF Engine on hold. I replaced the two batteries with the same packs, but have to wait about a week while the FedEx guy rides his bike from Oregon with them.

This got me to thinking about the second Spitfire build that will be my next project. I am moving to using a Tech Aero Ultra IBEC and changing to using a Turnigy 2S 3600 mAh LiPO reciever pack to run both the reciever and the ignition. In my first build I used my usual two NiMH battery backs with the RCExl Opto Kill Switch. This reduces the weight by about 150 gms.

That project is awaiting funding, but will otherwise be the same, using another RCGF 10cc engine from RCGF USA, of course.

No comments :

Post a Comment