The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Saturday, August 25, 2018

Mighty Tiny packs a bite! XK K124 Heli


Flying my Motion RC XK K124 when it got a little close and I defended myself. She bit me with her main rotor. Look at that bite mark!

This heli is a bomb. It's twitchy, but she is indestructable after changing to the metal swash. Fun flier, but requires your full attention!

The heli flies with a 2S 700 mAh battery that lasts more than 5 minutes, sometimes close to 10. The transmitter is programmable and the heli is capable of 3D in the right hands (not mine). All the required adjustments are present is the Futaba compatible tranmsitter, including Throttle and Pitch Curves, Expo. Two rate are programmable. Not a starter heli as this is nimble and responds very quickly to small movements, even with 50% Rate and 30 Expo. She is susceptible to drafts in hover but more resistant in flight. I love practicing flying her around the clinic during down times and "walking" her down the hallways. The attack occurred while trying to fly her backwards (nose in) walking her around and I set up a pilot induced oscillation I could not recover from.

Fun stuff! I find the 3D mode nearly impossible to fly, and use the 6G. My 500s and 600s are 3 axis and flybarred. I have flown her outside in light breeze and she did well! All in all a fun heli, and the best flying 250 or smaller I have flown, and sooo much more fun than coaxials.


No comments :

Post a Comment