The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

We can rebuild her! Eventually.

Back in September I had a bad day. Part of that day was taking the HDX500 up, losing power and watching as her frame split in half. I knew there were some cracks, but they were mild, so as it happened I knew what was going on. It was an old frame, maybe 5-6 years old, and it was brittle. Needless to say, she did not land well.
 
Split frame held together by the wires and skids.
 
Back half.
 
Front half
 
I have spent some time, from time to time since I really wasn't looking forward to the amount of work this is going to take, taking the HDX completely apart, piece by tiny piece. I had purchased the new frames a couple of months ago. I LOVE this heli, and really want her back together. I finally have everything apart.
 
All the parts pieces.
 
Today I will start putting the HDX back together again, piece by piece... I really want to make sure each piece is clean, and plan to rinse everything in acetone, and re-lube the moving parts with silicone. That part I am looking forward to.
 
But for now, a cozy blanket on the couch and some NCIS episodes I will watch for the hundredth time...
 

No comments :

Post a Comment