The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Return of the HK500

Back at the end of September 2012 I described how I dumb thumbed my HK500 into a hard crash with a devastating boom strike. Of late, with my overly busy schedule, I just haven't had time to put her back together in one fell swoop like I used to do. So its taken a bit of time because I did it one small step at a time, but I finally have her back together. The frame was fine, as was the rotor head, but I had to replace the tail boom, tail blades, the boom supports, the servo control arms (the servos had no damage but a couple fo the amrs snapped off) and the canopy (the original green one was cracked, easily repaired but everytime something stressed it the paint cracked and chipped, so I opted to just replace it).
 
 
I have given her a Trex 500 canopy. She is still ginormous and beautiful! Once I tune up her CCPM again, she will be ready to fly. I can't wait to get her up on a test flight!
 
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment