The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Monday, May 27, 2019

WIndy Fun!

Day off today, Memorial Day, so when I finally got out of bed I packed up the Sukhoi RCGF 10cc and yet to be flown Pulse XT60 RCGF 20cc and headed out to SNHRCC in Hudson, NH.  The winds were about 7 mph with some calmer periods, increasing to about 10 mph, which brought my flying day to an end.  I flew her using the 12x8x3 and really thought she lost performance even though she picked up a few hundred RPM. I quickly changed back to the 13x8x3.


She is up. She flew well, and a couple of hard and one off field landing her infamous landing gear stayed on! The new design proved itself.



Saw the antenna starting to come off so ordered a new one, arrived this afternoon when I got home, but for now I am flying ghetto with package and electrical tape.




Louis Rios, heli pilot, rather nice guy!  I think he is going to be very helpful getting my heli skills sharpened.



Clarence White. He is always here, and makes sure the place stays clean and mowed. Ted, don't forget to pay him!




Me flying the Sukhoi in strong 8-10 mph winds for the practice and fun of it. Louis recorded this for me and let out a Jesus! because a wind gusts picked up. You can hear the wind. The winds were down the runway maybe a 45 deg off centerline.



Louis with his 700 Nitro heli.





While short as the winds picked up on Mt Hudson, it was fun flying. I learned to come in higher (thanks, Louis!) and avoid the down draft vortex at the southern end of the runway that pulled the Sukhoi down once despite full power! Landed facing backwards but unfazed otherwise! It was nice to meet and watch Louis fly again, and its always nice to meet Clarence!  I have 4 days off coming up and hope to maiden both the Pulse XT60 and the Spitfire, winds permitting. 

Now, to fix that darn antenna.

No comments :

Post a Comment