The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Thursday, May 30, 2019

The Adventure Continues

A storm is coming overnight tonight, the front is moving in this afternoon. The morning is warming up and the winds are calm. I figure I can get to the field, maiden the Phoenix Spitfire, and put some more time on the Pulse XT60 with her new APC 15 x 6 prop.


I arrive to find Nick Crigo and Louis Rios flying helis. Nick pretty much only flies helis, has been for 25 yrs, so he is flying the high end stuff you only see in magazine and airshows. These are his.




Nick Crigo. Nice guy, glad to have met him.



I learned that in my haste to get out, I forgot the wings for the Pulse. I don't like to start with a maiden flight of an aircraft... this isn't good.



And it wasn't good... I did maiden the Spitty, and it ended abruptly and poorly. I posted about it.



I headed back home quickly for the wings, some lunch, and decided to bring the Stik with her new 12x8x3 prop. I downsized the prop on the Sukhoi at the 13x8x3 is a lotta prop for the RCGF 10cc, but the Sukhoi didn't perform as well, so I went back to the 13x8x3 on her.  I wanted to see how the Stik would do with the smaller prop. Flew about 4 tanks!



This is my favorite plane! She flies amazing, is powerful, stable, and a joy to fly! The Duck has done well. Flew several tanks and tuned the flaperon mix.



She really likes this APC prop, and yes we cut sone grass with the low clearance. She did tip stall the engine and did not break. I squeezed the soft gear together a bit, cracked the paint, but the added distance, balanced mixing on the flaperons, and a flared landing did the trick. I am planning a 3 blade 14x7x3 Master Airscrew if I can find an inexpensive aluminum spinner. That will make the clearance better. A little paint and she is better than ever.

1 comment :

  1. Good to meet you as well. Hopefully we get a chance to fly together again.

    ReplyDelete