The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Tuesday, May 7, 2019

The Damnable Cost of LiPos

This is THE reason I don't fly my 600 helis, nor my 30cc sized electric MX-Bach, that need 6S 4500 mAh batteries...


This is an Admiral 6S 4500 mAh LiPO battery from Motion Rc. This is a good company battery, not a PULSE, but very stable witn consistent quality, and a seller that is exceptional. It costs $80. For one. It may last 2-3 years at best. This is a good competetive price. And its way over priced. For twice that I can buy a 10-15cc gas enging and fly it for the rest of my life for pennies of fuel.  Sadly my helis are electric, so I am bound to batteries. My last 6S batteries died out a couple of years ago, so I fly at most 5S, which is fine for my flying style, but I only have 4 of them, and the 600's require two at time in parallel (10S). When those go, I will need to put out about $250 for 4 new ones.  This hobby is too expensive for most two job homes in America... This is likely one reason our hobby is dying out again.

No comments :

Post a Comment