The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Thursday, May 23, 2019

MX--Bach 30cc Re-conversion


Today I pulled the Turnigy Rotomax 1.40 and the Hobbywing Platinum Pro 100 amp HV and the cooling fan, and the harness, from the MX-Bach. I had foorgotten about the engine mount I had made for it. Pretty nice Mcgyver of what I had, some nice engineering.



I will be putting this up for sale as a kit soon. Its new, flown 3 times.



There are some cracks in the base of the equipment tray that I repaired and then added tongue depressor wood to both sides to add strength.




The new 10 oz tank in the Sukhoi.

I took the 14 oz  gas tank out of the 10cc Sukhoi because it really was too big for it, having replaced the orinignal 8 oz tank. I got a new 10 oz tank and put it in the Sukhoi. The Tech-Aero IBEC in the mail today, have a fuel vent and T connector for the fuel system coming.  The electric power switch is in the equipment bay, and I will have to decide if I am going to keep it, or change it to an external switch.  I have an old fuel dot I can install in hand. I am now searching for a used 30cc gas engine, but may end up putting a new one in, likely an RCGF-USA  Stinger.

I am prettty excited about this. She has just sat there since I didn't have the batteries to fly her. This way I have another gasser that I can fly for years!

No comments :

Post a Comment