The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Friday, June 25, 2021

Ultra Stick 10cc Flight Ready and Aileron Fixed!

 The other day I dusted off the EVO 10cc Ultra Stick and fixed a few gripes.  Today I finished and she is flight ready.

Last year the Ugly Stick died a fantastic death when the un-commanded aileron flutter caught up with me a year ago last June. I put the same electronics into the Ultra Stick, and the flutter was still there. So I exchanged the servos in the ailerons, and put a capacitor on the receiver to clean up and stabilize the power (see that last link). Today I finally put the wing back on and in the process of tuning the engine, noted the flutter is gone. G-O-N-E, gone.


Finally, a nice idle that is a little unstable, but not quitting, 
very nice high end RPM output, and no aileron flutter!



I love this plane. I hope her performance doesn't disappoint.



Evolution 10cc. Not a big fan of the carb.



Weighs in at 9-1/2 lbs, consistent with the weight last fall. She is "designed" for 7 lbs, I wonder if that's her electric weight? Her dry CG is spot on.



But it took a pound of lead (473gms) as one momma block under that white piece of foam, up against the forward bulkhead. It took almost as much if I used smaller weights packed in more forward, around the fuel tank. Opted to just keep the honker in place.

Tomorrow, weather permitting, we fly!

No comments :

Post a Comment