The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Recovery of the Sukhoi Complete


The muffler came in from Valley View RC. Fired up the Sukhoi and... Nothing. It took about 20 min but I figured out the plug was bad, replaced it and she ran perfectly. I stopped by my local RC hobby shop, ABC Hobbies today and picked up a Master Airscrew Scimitar 13x6, and installed her. Tuned the engine and got over 10,000 rpm! I am not clear in the benefits of the Scinitae over MA regular shaped props, but they are a natural transition from curved APC Props and I have used them for a few years. I'll check out their website. Painting the tips and will install it tonight with a red spinner.



Installed! Looks small, have to remind myself its a screw...



Nice wide view of the left half if my workshop, cats included! Charging the packs on the Sukhoi and the Stik, planning to take them out tomorrow as I think the winds will allow.

No comments :

Post a Comment