The flying monkeys got me...

Helis, Fixed Wing, RC Sailing

AMA 957918

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Monday, July 20, 2026

Tht Morane Saulnier Type N is done! Other updates!

 And ready to maiden! Installed the cowl mounts and then the cowl.


Tapped M2 blind (T) nuts into drilled holes and then CA'd them. Only needed 4.



I adjusted the cowl pulling it back a bit on the port side centering it a bit better. I painted the scuff marks on the prop. I removed the bullet spinner as I go a reversible silicone cup for the starter that allows me to keep the prop centered. Read that this can make it possible to use the starter without a spinner.




Very exciting! Given the skill level and tools I have it's not bad. 


I have always thought this is a RCGF 35cc, not sure why. It's branded but not stamped with the size. I sent pics and the serial number to Joe Nelson at RCGFUSA. It's an older engine, but hoping they can tell me.




In the crash the exhaust pipe bent back. I ran the engine today and it runs fine. I did find one for about $21, at Motion RC I think. May get it and replace it, but right now no real reason. I had a 20x8 on it, which is fine for a 35cc. On a whim I changed it to an 18x8, as I have a couple of those 

I also worked on the cowl and the canopy a bit. I probably should have put some balsa behind the large patch, it's been difficult to get smooth. I don't think it's going to be totally smooth. Primed it yesterday which helped illuminate the bumps, and worked those a bit today. The canopy has always been bumpy as it's a thin plastic and is old and likely sun melted, and it still is. I tried to fill in the hole, but it's still quite present. I have been using wood filler like bondo and it's worked pretty well. I filled that hole with it, but it's outline is still visible. I may paint some design over it to help obscure it 

It will be some time before I can fly again.

No comments :

Post a Comment