The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Sunday, May 31, 2020

Stik long running aileron spasm problem solved!

I have written a couple of times about my long running issue with the ailerons on the Stik going rogue and spasming at WOT. They would move like crazy and sometimes lock up in a hard roll. A few weeks back an intense uncommanded high speed snap roll resulted. Last time I took her out to the field she did it, and I grounded her. 

I had read on an RC crash site on Facebook that a plane had uncommanded aileron roll to the site of the crash that was fixed by balancing the prop and padding the receiver against vibration. Since I have tried everything, changing leads, torrid, changed servos, changed the ignition, and eventually the receiver. Nothing worked, so I decided to try the balance and protect. The prop did need balancing, and I padded the receiver with a gel pad and foam around the receiver. Today I took her out:



Problem solved! Wow... 

No comments :

Post a Comment