The flying monkeys got me...

Helis, Fixed Wing, RC Sailing

AMA 957918

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Saturday, August 29, 2026

What a great day of flying!

Still recovering from my second of two cataract surgeries, I still have occasional close double vision when I look sideways, but the weather was too perfect not to fly. It's been over a month I think. I didn't want to drive all the way out to Derry NH where the Flying Tigers club is, and I wanted some room to run and have nice long clear approaches. So I went down the street to Joppa Hill Fields, where I was alone and in my element. I had stopped by last week to check the grass. Still a tad high which it always is, but I felt the Ultrastick could handle it. It did, but many of the initial landings tipped onto the nose. By the end of the day I had mastered the landings and keeping the tail down on most landing is. What a great day of flying!


Joppa Hill Field, Bedford, NH, USA





My favorite plane, my Hangar 9 Evolution 10cc powered Ultrastick.





I'm smiling, actually. A break from flying 



Last flight of the day, a brief one!



Always a good day when everything goes back in the car while.

No comments :

Post a Comment