The flying monkeys got me...

Helis and fixed wing

AMA 957918
IRCHA 4345
AMA Intro Pilot Instructor

Pirate Kid Skeleton by RadDezigns.

Friday, April 10, 2020

PT-19 Cornell Got a New Pair of Pants!


I love the Eflite PT-19 Cornell. The Cox 0.49 control line version depicted here with the Eflite model, was one of my first airplanes as a kid.


Eflite PT-19 Cornell and the Coc 0.49 U-control version.



Here is my current PT-19 Cornell! It's a pretty model, but I find the plain wire landing gear a distraction. I have always wanted to do something about them. The real plane has a wrap around fairing. I decided today would be a good day to make some.



I planned two halve wrapped around the wire gear. I shaped themmsomthat the back was angle slightly.



I sanded them down to make them a bit aerodynamic. I wasn't looking for perfection.



I CA'd them to the wires. I left a little space between the top and the wing to allow for movement of the wire on rolling on grass. Sanded them a bit smoot and filled gaps with CA.



I wrapped them in cote.



Sweet!



Baby got a new pair of pants! 




All I need to do now is bind her and program her into the iX12 and she's ready to fly again!



UPDATE: I put a new Spektrum AR620 in, replacing an old AR6100, and bound her to the iX12, programmed her in, set up her Orange Stabilization, and she is ready to go!

No comments :

Post a Comment